Bonitas launched their enhancements and premium increases for 2018 to the industry, announcing their lowest increase in 6 years.
Despite the rise in healthcare inflation and economic pressure in the past year, Bonitas have managed to keep the weighted average contribution increase at 8.7% for 2018.
Boasting one of the largest amalgamations in South African history, Bonitas successfully absorbed the Liberty Medical Scheme memberships, boasting a retention of over 90% of these members.
Bonitas is focused on affordability and quality of healthcare and the Fund continues to enhance product offerings.
Benefit Enhancements for 2018:
- A new benefit introduction: contraceptives will be paid from risk on all plans
- The Internal Prosthesis benefit has been added to Bonsave and Primary option (excludes joint replacement)
- An Improved Wellness Extender Benefit: members can enjoy extra consultations with a GP, bio-kineticist, dietician or physiotherapist and include a programme to stop smoking
- The introduction of the Mental Wellness programme on the BonComprehensive, BonClassic, Standard and Standard Select. This programmes aims to empower members to manage their condition
- More value for PMBs on Standard, Standard Select and Primary options
- An enhanced Terminal Care benefit will provide unlimited benefits across all plans
- Bonfit to be enhanced with a separate Dental benefit
- Enhanced Preventative care benefits
- Introduction of the Specialised Radiology benefit on Bonfit and Bon Essential (in hospital only).
Bonitas will be communicating further details to members directly in the next coming months, so members can expect more information soon.
Should you wish to discuss any details before the new year, please feel free to contact us at the office.